Hiring a sacramento pet sitting service may not be easy. You might have gone through numerous references, outrageous rates, speculative customer service and unreasonable services. Then at last you might have finally come to the best sacramento pet sitting service that is affordable, has good services, is highly accredited, holds good feedback and gives you all that you wanted while you are away. Nevertheless, even the most trustworthy sacramento pet sitting service will have trouble if you do not take care of doing your part.
Although the sacramento pet sitting service should take up the complete responsibility of your pet when you are away, there are certain responsibilities on your side, which when done, makes it easier for the service.
Here are some responsibilities on your side to make the process easier:
- Reservations – Do not rush with your sacramento pet sitting service reservations. Take your time to look into all the services available and then finally choose one that fits your needs. If you rush with these services, chances are you might end up with getting sometime that is way out of your imagination.
- Train your pet – make sure that your pet does not charge on strangers. It is important to train your pet to tolerate such services in your absence.
- Pet collar – it’s always best to put an identification tag to your pet’s collar, especially when your sacramento pet sitting service takes your dog for daily walks.
- Vaccination – If you are planning on a long vacation, it’s always safe to finish off any pending vaccinations before you go. You do not want to delay vaccinations when you are away, this will put a treat to your pet as well as the pet sitting person.
- Instructions – Do not assume that your sacramento pet sitting service will completely take care of your dog’s needs. It best to give out clear instructions on your dog’s specific needs. Also, you can give any emergency numbers and information on how to reach your vet.
- Food and supplies – You do not want your pet sitter to drag themselves to each and every room of your home only to find your pet’s food and supplies. It’s more convenient if you leave all the supplies and food in one place, so that the sitter can easily take and give to your pet.
- Security System – if you have a security system installed, it’s good if your pet sitter known about it. You do not want the alarm ringing everyday and disturbing your neighbors.
- Extra food – leave extra food and supplies at home in case your trip gets extended without any prior notice. This will help you to stay longer in peace.
Give your any emergency contact to your pet sitter in case they need to reach each other. Making sure of the above responsibilities on your side surely will help you as well as your sacramento pet sitting service to do a good job.