New Jersey Dog Training
If you thought New Jersey dog training is essential only for large breed dogs then you are highly mistaken as even small breed dogs also require proper training and education. There are many New Jersey dog training schools that provide training to both varieties of dogs.
Small breed dogs are usually looked as docile creatures just because of their small size; however, these small breed dogs can also pose a lot of behavioral issues, if not trained well. If you are a small breed dog owner, then do not spoil your pet due to lack of training, rather enroll him in a New Jersey dog training school to make it your most loved pet.
Tips for New Jersey Dog Training for Small Breeds
- Limit pampering - Just because your pet looks small and cute, does not mean that it has the privilege of climbing your bed or cuddling with you on your living room sofa. Although, it is good to love your dog, but over pampering it can cause issues at times. It is therefore recommended to not to cross that line and train your small breed pet for the same.
- Starts with the basics - Small breed dogs are shy and timid. Starting them to train can get scary for these little creatures and they might look the owner with suspicion. For New Jersey dog training for small breeds, it is therefore recommended to start the process with slow speed. Start training the dog with basics and once achieved, keep moving ahead.
- Be calm and patient - If you have a small breed dog and if you are looking for New Jersey Dog Training school options, then make sure that the trainer who deals with your dog practices patience at the beginning. If you are starting the training by yourself, then it is recommended for you as well to be calm during initial days. Getting agitated on the tiny creature can just make the pet scared and he might lose his confidence too.
- Positive reinforcement - Positive reinforcement works effectively in training small breed dogs. Reward based training boosts self confidence in these little creatures and helps building a bond too. If needed, you can take tips on positive reinforcement from New Jersey dog training schools or online forums.
- Sports training - Many dog owners live under the assumption that sports training is only meant for larger breed dogs. This is not true as many small breed dogs also love indulging in sport activities and derive a lot of pleasure through them too. Small dogs should be trained on agility as well as social behavior just like other dog breeds. Climbing, crossing obstacles, ball games are very much liked by these small breed dogs and they can indeed do wonders too.
Training small breed dogs is very important and if you are an owner of the same, but are not getting much time or do not know the correct training way, then it is suggested to get your pet enrolled in New Jersey dog training school for best results.