Knoxville Pet Sitter
Finding a Knoxville pet sitter has become very easy, thanks to internet and many new start-ups in this area. However, a careful pet owner can ensure a wonderful experience for his pet and himself by following these simple steps.
Why prebooking can work wonders?
When you are choosing a Knoxville pet sitter, make sure to use advanced reservation, preferably a couple of weeks in advance. Many pet sitting services are not just restricted to walking your dog a few times a day and feeding him. They have many services including staying overnight. Some pets do require companionship in the night due to physical ailments or psychological needs.
Thanks to internet, it is easy to find a Knoxville pet sitting firm that offers these services. However, a good pet sitter is always busy with customers and this is why prebooking can come handy.
- Try to make your phone call at least 2 weeks in advance as a first time customer. This is not only good in getting all your needs addressed but your Knoxville pet sitter will take a note of your planning and will try to keep up with it.
- As a returning customer, you will get more flexibility in prebooking.
Printing out your requirements – yes, stickys still work much better!
Even the most professional Knoxville pet sitter will have issues with remembering stuff. After all, they are routinely spending time with various pets and making sure that the trustful pet owners are not left disappointed. When too many things run in your mind, it is natural to forget stuff.
- Prepare a sticky note, preferably a print out that outlines all the responsibilities of your Knoxville pet sitter.
- Stick it out in key places so that he doesn’t miss it.
- In the first day, you can call and remind him about the note to make double sure that your pet sitter is not missing it.
A clear outline of the requirement is helpful in many ways. First off, a pre-established terms and conditions leave little room for a dispute at a later stage. It is common for pet owners to assume that their pet sitter will take responsibility of certain things but from the pet sitter’s point of view, he may not find it very important.
A pre established outline will guarantee that your pet sitter will do everything you expect. Since the terms are established and compensation is negotiated, there is no need for frustration and disappointments.
If you follow these guidelines, it is very easy to get the most out of your Knoxville pet sitter. I have seen many pet owners forgetting to put down all the tasks and responsibilites in wriitng and informing their pet sitter about it in advance. This will create a difficult situation because there are chances that the pet sitter will not perform some of the duties that you assumed they will do or the pet sitter will ask for a higher wage later.